Rules & Regulations
- The Dubai Women s Run (the Event) is organized by The UAE Athletic Federation (the Organizer)
- The Organizers reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these terms and conditions of the Event from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of the provisions, the Organizers shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, the Organizers will take into account the interests of all the affected participants. Any update on the rules and regulations of the Event will be notified on the official website www.dubaiwomensrun.com
- There will be no fee refund if the event is cancelled for reason of force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the Organizers and which renders it impossible or unsafe to hold the event.
- Completion of the official entry form, including online registration, confirms the Participant's agreement to abide by the relevant rules and regulations of the Organizers and the Sponsors.
- In consideration of the Participant s use of the Event s Website, the Participant agrees to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in any registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”)
- Maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. The Organizers may contact the Participant from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organizers shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organizers to ensure the participants safety, participants run entirely at their own risk and responsibility, and the Organizers will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in the race.
- Participants agree that if they are injured or taken ill or otherwise suffer any detriment whatsoever, they irrevocably authorize the Event officials and/or organizers to, at their sole risk and cost, to transport them to a medical facility and/or administer emergency medical treatment and they waive all claims that might result from such transport and/or treatment or delay or deficiency therein.
- In case of any illness or injury none of the sponsors of the Event or any entity/authorities and/or officials and/or any contractor and/or any of Dubai Women's Run, its directors, officials, employees or volunteers or any persons or entities associated with the Event or the directors, employees, agents or representatives of all or any of the aforementioned shall be held liable by the Participant and/or their representatives.
- Participants accept these risks, and all others arising from these events, even if arising from the negligence, gross negligence or negligent rescue by those associated in any manner with the Event and programs they may be involved in, the venue at which this Event and/or the program takes place or by those organizing, officiating or participating in the Event and/or program, including their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, servants, volunteers and representatives (the Releases).
- Participants understand that all applicable rules for participation must be followed and that the sole responsibility for their personal safety remains with them, including their physical and emotional preparation and fitness to participate in the Event and/or the program. Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- Participants give a full release and waiver of liability and all claims that they have, or may have in the future against Dubai Women's Run, and all other Releases from all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that they may suffer as a result of their participation in any part or parts of the Event and/or program or their presence at any venue at which they may take place, due to any cause whatsoever including the forms of negligence set forth in paragraph above or from any breach of contract or statutory duty or other care including any duty of care owed under the relevant law on the part of the Releases.
- Participants agree not to institute legal proceedings and further agree to indemnify and save harmless the Releases from all expenses, fees, liability or damage award or cost of any type whatsoever arising from their participation in the Event and/or program; i) Participants understand, agree and irrevocably permit Dubai Women s Run to share the information given by them in the registration application, which all/any Releases associated with the Event, at its own discretion.
- Participants understand and agree that in the event of any dispute arising between them and/or Dubai Women s Run and/or the Releases, the same shall be governed by the laws of UAE.
- The data on the reverse side of the participants' bib number must be completed in full and accurately. Participants who are not wearing a bib number will be taken off the course by security officers/officials.
- A participant must retire from the race immediately, if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, Race Director, Referee and/or Security Officer.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the course other than official race and medical vehicles.
- Once registration has been duly processed, there will be no fee refund for participants who do not eventually take part in the Event for whatever reason.
- The Organizer reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Event, for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising and distribution to the Sponsors.
- The Organizer reserves the right to limit and/or refuse entry without giving any reason and notice.
- The Organizer will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or inaccurate entry details in the registration form
- Race category and race entry are strictly non-transferable.
- Participants below the age of 18 are required to obtain parental/guardian's consent and complete the relevant indemnity declaration form as deemed necessary by the Organizers upon online registration or in-person registration, failing which, the Organizers reserves the right to refuse entry to any applicant under the age of 18.
- The entry form and registration is done only through authorized agents of the Organizer and online registration. No other persons or clubs are authorized to collect the registration and entry amount. The organizers are not liable for such activity.
All registrants will be required to acknowledge and accept the following Rules of Participation to enter the Race.
I, the undersigned, in consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the footrace for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators hereby waive any claim, right of claim, cause of any action which I or they might have arising out of loss of my life or injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever which I may suffer or sustain in the course or consequent upon my entry or participation in the event.
I know that running a road race is a potentially hazardous activity. I assume all risks associated with running in this event, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, traffic and the conditions of the road, all such risks being known and appreciated by me.
This waiver, release and discharge shall be and operate separately in favor of all persons, corporations and bodies involved with or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and the servants, agents, representatives and officers of any of them.
I satisfy all entry requirements as set out.
I attest that I am physically fit and medically able to run part or the entirety of the course without jeopardizing my health or life and consent to receive medical treatment that may be advisable in the event of illness or injuries suffered by me during this event.
I give free permission for the free use of my name, voice or picture in any broadcast, telecast, advertising promotion or other account of this event.
Should the event be cancelled for any reason whatsoever I understand that entry fees will not be refunded and that no liability of any kind will attach to any person, corporation or body involved in connection with the event.
I agree to abide by the conditions of the event as stated in the declaration above and upon literature and other material distributed in connection with the event.
Dubai Women s Run reserves the right to reject any entry, and further reserves the right to change the details of the above referenced event without prior notice.